Saturday 3 April 2010

Katie Goodchild on Breaking Bones, Giggles and Mercedes Benz


(As part of my Fashion Journalism course we had to interview a classmate. I decided to quiz my friend Katie (my partner from the photo shoot. Here is the result).   Check out her blog here.

Katie’s cheeky grin and naughty sense of humor are obvious as soon as she opens her mouth. But is she as mischievous as she looks?  “I broke a girls arm once.” Laughing she reassures me “it was an accident; I just swung my bag at her.” Later revealing the girl in question is still her best friend.
Born and raised in a small village in East-Anglia Katie claims a “sheltered life” very different from the one she leads at university. “I am happy at UCA. The course is good and I have amazing housemates we all get along great and have a giggle. I miss home a lot though.”
It’s not just her family that Katie misses though, the name “Joshua” pops up more than once. She blushes when admitting he is infact “still at school and only 17.” Katie’s smile brightens as we pursue the subject of “the boyfriend”, “I can’t think of an ideal date with him, he did cook me pasta last night, bit of a disaster, he clearly hadn’t cooked it before!”
Her guiltiest pleasure? “My housemates would say underage sex!” She laughs while answering and also reveals a penchant for “chav music.”
 She pauses thoughtfully for a moment before answering that her perfect day out would be “shopping with all the money in the world and going out for a meal with friends at the end of the day” or “my mum’s home cooking and just relaxing with her.”
 Laughing infectiously whilst pushing  her short blonde bob behind her ears she says“in ten years I want to be in a successful job, earning a shit load of money, with a big house near London with a walk in wardrobe and a Mercedes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment