Saturday 27 February 2010

My Very Own Photo-shoot



   I'm studying Fashion Journalism at the University of Creative Arts at the moment, and our latest assignment was to source clothing, a model and location for a photoshoot, then shoot it ourselves. We worked in pairs, luckily we were allowed to choose our partner so I ended up with someone pretty cool! Anyway, we had to have a publication in mind, we chose Teen Vogue, as we didn't think there was any point trying to recreate the amazing photography from the big daddy Vogue. Could you imagine this in Teen Vogue?
   We also had to have a concept/theme, ours is a tourist in London. The clothes theme is mixing vintage with new and also there is an item of lace in each image.
   The model we used is Annabeth Murphy from Select Models, she was just perfect for our look and so lovely and professional! She was an absolute godsend for us amateur photographers! Big thanks to her!
   We have to narrow it down to three photos, apologies for not having done so yet, but I want my friends to check them out too! The first outfit photos (the red wine colored velvet blazer and black floral shorts images did not come out so well sadly, but I am very pleased with the others.)Tell me your favorites if you wish...

(Images by Katie Goodchild and Katie Hill)

3 comments: