Saturday 5 December 2009

10 things I hate about you

KAT
                    I hate the way you talk to me
                    And the way you cut your hair.
                    I hate the way you drive my car.
                    I hate it when you stare.
                    I hate your big dumb combat boots
                    And the way you read my mind.
                    I hate you so much it makes me sick.
                    It even makes me rhyme.

          She pauses, then continues.

          
                                 KAT 
                    (continuing)
                    I hate it...
                    I hate the way you're always right.
                    I hate it when you lie.
                    I hate it when you make me laugh;
                    Even worse when you make me cry.

          She begins to cry as she continues to read.
          
                                 KAT 
                    (continuing)
                    I hate it when you're not around
                    And the fact that you didn't call,
                    But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you;
                    Not even close;
                    Not even a little bit;
                    Not even at all.
          
          She looks directly at Patrick.  He looks back this time, morose,
          thoughtful.
          
          Then she walks out of the room The rest of the class remains 
          in stunned silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment